- 1. 出品公司中起碼有一間為香港注冊公司；及
- 2. 以下5個有效崗位其中，50%或以上的崗位有香港永久居民擔任：監製（或出品人）、導演、編劇、男主角或女主角。所謂有效崗位即有人擔任的崗位，例如一部講述動物的紀錄片中，男女主角並非有效崗位，如果同時並無編劇的話，50%或以上的崗位即導演或監製（或出品人）其中一方是香港永久居民即可。一般5個崗位均為有效的情況下，須有3個崗位有香港永久居民擔任。
From 2009 onwards, films considered as Hong Kong Movie by the MPIA must comply with the following requirements stated in (a) or (b):
- (a) All the presenting companies involved in film production must be registered companies in Hong Kong (For partly companies registered outside Hong Kong, please refer to part b).
- (b) For partly presenting companies registered outside Hong Kong, both requirements must be fulfilled:
- 1. at least one of the presenting companies is registered in Hong Kong; AND
- 2. Hong Kong permanent residents should take up at least 50% or above of the listed effective post. The effective posts are film producer, director, script writer, actor or actress. 'Effective post' is any role taken up by human. E.g. Actor and actress in an animal documentary are not considered as effective post. For movie without script writer, either the film producer or the director must be Hong Kong permanent citizen. Under usual circumstance where there are five effective posts, at least three positions must be taken by Hong Kong permanent residents.
- In addition, the film shall last at least 60 minutes or longer and must be released in Hong Kong registered cinema. Film tickets shall be opened for public sales according to the stated release date (except the mid-night or advanced show).